!-INTRODUCTION-! VCI Aerosol Spray
VCI Aerosol Spray
SAFEPACK VCI "SP-VCIAerosol" is a specially developed multipurpose solution having hitech VCI chemicals (volatile corrosion inhibitors) dispersed in oil or Solvent base. It is ideal rust preventive for closed systems like fuel tanks, Storage Tanks, Gear Housings, Crank Shafts, Hydraulic Reservoirs, Metal Containers, Coolant Circulating systems, Transmissions, Parts of Diesel / Petrol engines etc. It provides protection to multi-metals (i.e. ferrous and non-ferrous metals). It is the most viable option where VCI paper, VCI Powder, VCI Tablets, VCI Oils cannot be used.
SAFEPACK VCI OIL "SP VCIAerosol" provides an effective method of protection for both during in-process storage, after final operation and during operation. It protects metals both through direct contact and vapor action. The high-tech VCI chemicals deposit on the metal surface and form a protective mono-ionic layer, which provides protection to the parts from corrosion. It thus enables effective protection of ferrous and non-ferrous metals against corrosion even under adverse conditions including contaminants in air such as hydrogen sulphide, sulphur dioxide, ammonia or acid rain.
- Offers protection to a wide range of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Mono-ionic VCI layer does not affect electrical /optical/mechanical surface properties.
- It has the property of neutralizing acidic radicals to a certain extent that may be adhered on the metal surface.
- Depending on the imperviousness of the enclosure, protection should last up to 24 months for internal storage and upto six months for external storage when parts are covered with a suitable secondary packaging material such as polythene, laminated paper, plastic container/bag etc.
- Designed for protection of internal as well as external metal surfaces.
- It is miscible in petrol, diesel and other oils.
- Aerosol need not be removed prior to use, as it burns with zero ash and is combustible with auto fuel.
- Does not require removal when starting operation of engines, machines etc.
- Provides continuous protection during machinery operation, standby or shutdown periods.
- It has high thermal stability and performs even under high relative humidity.
- It is generally compatible with rubber, gaskets, oil seals, hoses etc. and most of the paints.
- Effective in polluted and humid atmosphere.
- Not harmful to humans and is environment friendly.
- Does not require activation prior to usage.
- VCI layer is self-replenishing and replenishes itself when package is re-closed after opening for inspection or such other purpose.
- Gives value for money.
- Cost reduction by: reduced consumption of Labor, Materials and Time.
- Value added product / service.
- Peace of mind during shipping and storage.
- Less periodic maintenance.
- Extends product life.
Ferrous metals such as iron and steel, castings, forgings and pressed components and nonferrous metals like copper, brass, bronze, cadmium, zinc etc.
Spectrum of Applications
SAFEPACK VCIAerosol is predominantly used for :
- For protection of ferrous and non-ferrous metal coils/sheets/wires.
- Especially suitable for protection of closed systems like fuel tanks, Storage Tanks, Gear Housings, Crank Shafts, Hydraulic Reservoirs, Metal Containers, Coolant Circulating systems, Transmissions, Parts of Diesel / Petrol engines etc
- For protection of Automobile components.
- For protection of metal pipes and tubes (both internal and external surfaces).
- For protection of castings, forgings, pressed components.
- Machined Parts and components.
- Many more!
METHOD OF USAGE
- Clean the parts to be protected from dirt, dust and other contaminants.
- It should be applied by spraying.
- If required, the oil film can be removed with white spirit or alkaline cleaners.
- Stir the solution well before use.
- For optimum effect cover the components with a suitable packaging material such as polythene, laminated paper, plastic container/bag etc.
- Seal package well, though not necessarily air tight for maximum benefit.
Packaging and Storage Conditions
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Stable at normal storage conditions.
- Keep away from contaminants prior to usage.
- Store in original packing for optimum benefits.
SPECIFICATIONS and STANDARDS :
SAFEPACK VCI Anti Corrosion OIL “SP-M OIL” is available in following standard range :